TRAINING CAMPS DESIGNED FOR YOU
Mountain Biking, Trail Running and Open Water Swimming Training Camps
Are you training for an Xterra or Off-Road Triathlon?
Then train with us in the Mountains of Southern Spain - Guaranteed to put a smile on you face!
OFF-ROAD XTERRA TRIATHLON CAMP
Options available for Local Triathletes who would like to join on a daily basis - contact us for more details
Time & Location of the Training Camps:
September through to April - long weekends and weekly camps
Cómpeta, Málaga, Spain
About The Camps
Our schedule for 2020/2021 includes a series of off-road triathlon training weekends or weeks that are aimed at beginners and veteran athletes alike. We take care of all the logistics; accommodation, coaching, and technical advice so that all you need to do is train. The camp is run in conjunction with Mountain Bike Tours Nerja who have over 10 years experience mountain bike guiding in the area and offer MTB bike hire if required.
For busy triathletes we off action packed long weekends and if you have more time you can enjoy a whole week of varied distance training.
The camp will be awesome, with fun evenings and epic, but friendly competition !
- Accommodation in a B&B room in Cómpeta at a choice of two villas
- Fully Coached swim, mountain bike and trail run sessions based on the Xterra Spain course. Specific skills sessions during
the ride (as needed and as per client request): descent techniques, climbing, technical MTB skills, open water swimming
skills, running drills and technique, Strength & Conditioning session in the on-site gym.
-Tips and strategies for training, preparation & race day
- Nutrition stops along the way
Typical Weekend Itinerary:
• Friday Arrival, build bikes or take receipt of hire bikes, depending on your arrival time a short spin to test the bikes or
alternatively a run in the mountains. Dinner in the evening and then time to chill.
• Saturday: Early morning sea swim followed by ride of the Xterra bike course. A short trail run off the bike.
• Sunday: Either another long day in the saddle of 4 to 5 hours or a long trail run. Fully coached technical Swim
and/or Swim video analysis.
• Monday: Breakfast, optional training ride of 2 to 3 hours, lunch, jet off to the airport.
* If you plan to come in October you can combine your trip with the Buda Challenge MTB Event
24th October 2020 - 67km and 2267m elevation gain.
The camp fees per person are:
Early bird: €499
Non-Residential Athletes €299
Please note that athletes will need to book their own flights. Frequent flights are available Europe-wide as well as from the UK and are quite affordable. At the time of writing this, a flight for the first planned weekend in September was £85. You will need to add luggage on top of that if you plan on bringing your own bike.